One month after the Congress, at present’s podcast visitors are Andres Duany and Kevin Klinkenberg, who talk about the host metropolis of Savannah. Andres is without doubt one of the founders of CNU and Kevin is a long-time Savannah resident. Each are architects and planners, and each have been deeply concerned with producing the Congress this yr.
Questions mentioned on this podcast embrace:
- What makes Savannah such a singular place?
- Why did not the remainder of Savannah develop in the identical conventional, walkable method as town heart?
- How has auto-oriented design impacted the historic core of town?
- How do you steadiness historic preservation issues and the necessity to enable cities to maneuver ahead?
- What is the impression of enormous developments like conference facilities and arenas?
- Engineers and planners usually have a compulsion to sort things, however how do we all know when to let a spot go? What’s the alternative value of spending an excessive amount of time fixing issues which are actually past restore?